Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Triology Everything Balm Review

So, the temperature has dropped here in little ol' Japan, and unfortunately, working in a school with a few hundred kids, I've caught the dreaded cold.
Fortunately I weathered the worst of it during the weekend, even though I was actually working all weekend, too. However, it's taking a while to go away, and my poor nose and throat are suffering.

Of course, the constant blowing and wiping of the nose has made the skin around my nose a tad dry, though not nearly as much as it has happened in the past, and I owe this to quality tissues! Nothing worse than a scratchy tissue! Kleenex, you have my thanks. And so do you, Cashmere tissues.

Another dreaded side effect has been the dry lips.
I will admit, I have probably not been drinking as much water/tea/anything as I should have, but sometimes it's difficult to drink over my usual 1-1.5L of water a day :S

So I want you to meet my little friend who's been helping me out through my tough times. 

Meet the 'Everything Balm'.

Triology Everything Balm

He's looking a little worse for wear because I tend to take him everywhere with me. Triology is a New Zealand company with a wonderful aim: "Maximum effect on your skin, minimum effect on our environment is our mission and our mantra." They use all natural ingredients that they know will be beneficial to the skin, but will also not damage the environment! How fantastic is that :)
Also great to be supporting a local company, New Zealand actually has a few skincare companies that are fantastic but probably not recognised enough overseas as we are such a small country!

The smell of this balm is lovely; I find it really soothing, and not over the top at all. It is a blend of quite a few different oils: Marula Oil, Rosehip Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Jojoba Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Honey, Vitamin E. Doesn't that just sound lovely to you?

To be honest, I've only used my balm as a lip balm, and to rub on the scar on my elbow left from a painful accident. However, this can be used in many different ways, including but not limited to, rubbing on cuticles, ends of hair, as a hand moisturiser, on dry, flaky nose left by using too many scratchy tissues, etc. You can get creative about it!

I have to be honest, I cannot sate that it is the BEST hydrator for dry lips, but I definitely find that it aids in moisturising them, and keeping the moisture. I love the smell, the size is just right for a women's handbag, i.e the pit of things that frequently get lost, the packaging is simplistic but effective, and I'm happy to be supporting a local company.
A qualm people otherwise might have with it is actually the packaging if you are mainly using it as a lip balm, especially if you have longer fingernails. Sticking your finger in the pot and then smearing the balm over your lips doesn't always feel like the most sanitary thing, especially if you've been typing on a keyboard.
Just wash your hands, I say!

If I have piqued your curiousity about my little friend and his family, go and have a further read!

Any recommendations for beauty product must-have's for autumn? What do you do to combat dry lips? I think it's time for more honey and lemon tea! Keep warm, readers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment