Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Glasshouse Tahaa Candle Review

こんにちは from Japan!

My globe trotting has continued and I am currently adjusting to life in Japan for the following year. During my crazy, hectic week of getting packed for the move, I made the (ir)rational decision that I had to bring along my giant Tahaa candle, kindly gifted to me by none other than the lovely Emma, to really make my apartment feel like it was my own. After much moving back and fro from various suitcases I did manage to find a place for it, and it has made it's way into my comfy sized apartment.

If any of you has happened to walk past, or be in the 10m range, of a Peter Alexander store, then you will know all about their glorious candles and gorgeous pyjama's. For those of you who are unfortunate enough not to have a PA store in your vicinity, I can only urge you to go and look at their catalogues and dare you not to fall in love with their amazing pyjama range.
I have left this store with a much lighter wallet many a time so beware!
In this amazing store that smells like vanilla-cakes-drizzled-with caramel-that's-been-lovingly-smooshed-into-your-face, the scent comes from their ever burning of Glasshouse candles.
Glasshouse is an Australian business that makes high quality triple scented candles in various fragrances. If you are into candles, then you have to experience these.

The candle I was given on my birthday by Emma was 'Tahaa' which is the one usually left burning in the PA store. It is a very sweet vanilla and caramel scent that I have never found sickeningly sweet or cloying in any way. *I am very into my gourmand scents so if you prefer something less sweet and cleaner, I can definitely recommend the rest of their range. As it is the super-duper-double-whopper size, the burn time is 80 hours and it is double-wicked. The colour is a toffee caramel and it comes in a beautiful glass jar which I plan on using as a jar to hold sweets, after I have burnt all of the candle. The candles are, as I mentioned, triple scented so even if you take off the lid of the jar and leave it without burning, it will fill up your whole room with the scent! It's amazing! Even just sitting in the gorgeous box it comes in, the fragrances permeates the packaging and air around it. Delicious!

It just looks gorgeous sitting anywhere. I like to put it on my wee, scratched up coffee table so I feel like I'm super swank in my apartment.


Glasshouse Tahaa Candle

I am so in love with this candle, it's not even funny! I have also purchased the mini size in Montego Bay, which I actually love even more than the Tahaa scent, if it's possible! I will be purchasing a full size in the near future, so once purchased, I will do a review on it as well.

If you are keen on checking out this candle and the rest of the range, clickety-click on: http://www.glasshousefragrances.com/destinations/tahaa.html
And if you want to see the magical PA collection: http://www.peteralexander.com.au/

Are you into your candles too? What brands would you recommend? Hope you're all having a great week and getting geared up for cooler weather! (Or warmer weather if you're in the southern hemisphere with Emma!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment