Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Korres Japanese Rose Bodymilk Review


So, whilst I have been frolicking overseas again I have picked up a product by a company that I have been very eager to try out for a while. Korres is a Greek skincare brand that endeavours to avoid using chemicals and synthetic ingredients where possible in their products. This one in particular (and I think all of them are) is suitable for vegans and isn't tested on animals, something I tend to look out for. (I actually became the owner of this little beauty after my aunty decided it wasn't for her, and luckily for me, it was love at first sniff.)


Japanese Rose / Velvet, sweet essence of rose buds / Moisturising body milk, enriched with vitamins and trace elements, essential skin energy boosting agents. The combination of Almost oil, active Aloe, provitamins B5 and Shea butter provides long-lasting hydration while enhancing skin suppleness. Dermatologically tested.

As you can see, the packaging is simple yet pretty; rose petals against a white background makes it effective for catching the eye and making it obvious as to what scent the lotion is. Along the side of the bottle there is a thorough list stating the formula facts as well as the packaging facts (both very handy and interesting to read!)

On to the gorgeous scent! I am not particularly fond of rose scents, even though I love sniffing the real thing, so I didn't pay this much attention at all whilst in the organic shop in Germany from which this was purchased. However, as soon as my aunty had rubbed some on her arms, I fell immediately in love with it. This lotion smells like roses and some type of fruit combined rather than the typical rose scent, which I was expecting to smell. I also love that once I slather myself with this lotion, my skin absorbs it quickly, and the smell lasts for far longer than I would expect it to. A big bonus when it comes to summer and very high temperatures! I find that it leaves my skin smooth and supple for a long time, and I thoroughly enjoy using it after showering every time.

I highly recommend this product if you are looking for a great smelling (and feeling!) product from a company that strives to provide environmentally and skin friendly products in pretty packaging. The only downfall is that Korres is not sold in NZ so once I am through with this I will have to curse the gods of body products who don't ensure all amazing products are sold worldwide. Also, I did find that the product was a little pricey at around 13.50 euros for only 235ml, however, I do find that the quality of the product is reflected in the price and so I do not find this such an issue.

What body lotions are you currently loving, dear readers? Is the summer weather also making you reach for more fruity/tropical scented lotions?

2 comments:

  1. such a nice product *_* your blog is very good and interesting. follow? im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! If you ever get the chance to try, I highly recommend it! Thank you very much! :) We will definitely follow you.

      Delete