Monday, March 19, 2012

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream: Review

So I finally purchased my first proper BB cream a little under a week ago, Missha's M Perfect Cover BB Cream! I say that it's my first "proper" one, because I already own Garnier's Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream in Light, which is one of the few Western BB creams I have seen on the market. I got it late last year, and I was so excited to try it, but sadly I was disappointed. I found Garnier's take to be too greasy and a tad too orange for my skintone, not to mention that the strong citrus scent was pretty overwhelming.

So I decided to give Perfect Cover a try. As far as I know, this product has been around for a fair number of years now, and I remember contemplating trying some years ago, but never got around to it!
But now I have a bottle, I got a 20ml one to try, just to test out and to see if it matched my skintone.


Ahh, super reflective packaging! There was pretty much no way for me to photograph this without myself appearing in the shot, haha. I bought the small 20ml bottle in shade #13, Bright Beige.



I really hope this is authentic. What confuses me about this is that with shade 13, it seems to have different names, including Bright Beige, Light Beige, and Milky Beige. Which one is it supposed to be? I DID get this off Ebay, but it was from a reputable Korean seller, so I would like to think that's it's genuine. Apart from the name, everything else seems to be genuine.



The texture is an easy to spread gel, which blends perfectly with my skintone. My skin is fair with cool tones, and this is great - Doesn't make me orange!

Pros:

  • Found it to be long lasting - Covered up my redness for about 8 hours
  • Non-irritating
  • SPF 42 (Isn't that amazing??)
  • Extremely buildable
  • Perfect match for my skintone
  • Make my skin look dewy and flawless
  • Hasn't caused any breakouts so far

Cons:

  • Not heavy duty enough to quite cover my dark circles
  • Some may not like the smell (think baby powder)
  • Skin goes a bit oily when worn without a powder
 
The Verdict:

Overall, I love this product. It's everything I hoped for from a BB cream. It's quick and easy to apply, looks great on its own without other makeup, matches well, and hasn't caused me any skin grief. Having said that, I always remember to remove this at night, as I read that one of the main ingredients in this BB cream is mineral oil.
I will definitely repurchase this in its bigger size, the 50ml container. Let's hope the next one I get is genuine too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment