Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mecca Cosmetica - In A Good Light SPF30+ Tinted Facial Sunscreen Review



Hola chicas!

Back from my amazing European holiday and in complete work mode (ish), I finally have a moment to spare for a review on a recent beauty purchase!
As we all know, we are supposed to cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day – once in the morning when you get up, and once in the evening before bed. However, I am pretty bad when it comes to sticking to this routine; most mornings I’ll only wash my face and then use toner (the blasphemy!), and it’s not until the evening do I bother to go through the whole routine (sans the moisturising – bad again!).

My biggest problem is the fact that there are so many types of moisturisers out there, I get too confused as to which one I really want to try/is worth spending my hard-earned cash on! My search for the right moisturiser went something like this: Jumped onto the internet and spent hours reading the millions of reviews from various beauty blogs and makeupalley.com. Became far too irritated and confused as to what kind of product I actually wanted, turned the computer off in disgust, and on my next supermarket trip bought whatever was on sale at the time. Came back home feeling deflated and not too happy with my purchase. Read the online catalogue for a Mecca Cosmetica product and ended up going to Kirks to buy it.

So after not having used any kind of moisturiser for a long time, I succumbed to the Mecca moisturiser, even though I had already purchased an Olay moisturiser from the supermarket. What a silly nitwit! you might be thinking. Why not use the first one and instead of buying the second one? Well, my dear readers, I think we can all confess to having done the exact same thing at one point or another. Unfortunately in my case, it happens frequently.

On to what the site has to say about the moisturiser!



PLACE YOUR SKIN IN A GOOD LIGHT
In A Good Light SPF 30+ is a luminising, tinted facial sunscreen providing broad spectrum protection against harsh UVA and UVB rays, in a light, matte-finish cream. This multitasking wonder, in a universally flattering shade, gives skin a sheer tint whilst imparting a natural radiance so skin appears ‘lit from within’- not glittery or shimmery. The non-oily and non-whitening formula contains hyaluronic acid, pomegranate extract and vitamin E, to keep skin hydrated whilst protecting against destructive environmental damage.



The price tag for this moisturiser did make me squirm a bit at NZ$65 for 125ml/4.4oz, but I feel justified in the thought that you only have one face to look after, and if the first point of contact with people is your face, you gotta to make it look good!

So, the first thing I’m pleased about is the fact that I actually own a moisturiser I enjoy using. The second thing is that it contains an SPF of 30+. As New Zealand is situated right under a big ol’ hole in the ozone layer, we are more susceptible to the sun’s harsh and damaging UVA and UVB rays. This means that a moisturiser with an SPF included in it is a must for me. The moisturiser comes in only one colour of tint, and I was a bit worried about this, but once it’s applied to the face, it completely absorbs and blends in with the natural tone of your face. You have to be quick rubbing it in to the face as it dries almost instantaneously – which I think is an excellent thing – and it imparts a nice glow to the skin as mentioned in the description.
My skin tends to be more on the oily side so I was worried if this moisturiser would make my face a big oil patch, but not to worry fellow oily friends! It does not do this at all. One pump is enough to cover my whole face, and the second pump for my neck, so I love the fact that I feel like I’m not wasting any of the product when I’m using it! The smell is quite pleasant, and disappears quite quickly, so it doesn’t mix badly if I put a perfume on my neck afterwards.

I am so happy with my new moisturiser – it protects my face from the horrors of the sun, doesn’t make it oily, gives me a nice glow and hydrates my skin whilst protecting it from other environmental skin baddies. What more could you ask for?

Tell me chicas, have you started your summer preparations? Or, dear other hemisphere chicas, have you started your hibernation mode yet? What products are really making you feel like you can face the world in the morning?

0 comments:

Post a Comment