I've been wanting to try NYX for a little while now, as I heard that the lipsticks are comparable to MAC lipsticks, but I'm put off by how pricey MAC is. So instead I got four NYX lip products with shipping for half the cost of a single MAC lipstick!
Needless to say that I was super excited when they arrived!
Getting ready to unveil the contents.....
Here's more specifically what I got:
- Round gloss in 08 - Doll Pink
- Mega Shine lip gloss in LG164 - Nude Pink
- Round lipstick in LSS595 - Strawberry Milk
- Round lipstick in LSS522 - Circe
I intend to review these products in a bit more detail, but here's a quick overview of each:
- Circe - Nude lippy. Appears quite orange on the hand, looks better on lips. Very smooth formula, smells like soap which may bother some people.
- Strawberry Milk - Reminds me of a baby pink colour for lips. Doesn't look good on me by itself, the colour is so pale that fine lines show through and are very obvious. Soap-scented, and very smooth.
- Doll Pink - A very Barbie-pink with blue undertones. A little goes a long way, very strong colour, looks just fine by itself. Smells a bit like dishwashing liquid. Nice formula, not too sticky.
- Nude Pink - Isn't really that nude at all. Looks good by itself or over a lipstick. Very creamy formula, and cute packaging. Has a cherry scent.