Monday, June 20, 2011

China Glaze in For Audrey - Review

I just bought my first China Glaze nail polish and went for the ever popular shade For Audrey. I just got it today, so here's a quick review to sum up my thoughts on the product and the colour itself.

First off, please excuse my terrible pictures. It is Winter here and it's not very light, and my camera had some trouble focussing.
So For Audrey is supposed to be a Tiffany Blue, referencing Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast in Tiffany's (hence the name).
I applied one coat of the polish, swatches below:





Application was easy and the polish dried quickly. This is a great quality polish, and so far, I'd say I'm pretty impressed with China Glaze! The colour is nice - most people who own this have raved about it, but I guess I'm a little underwhelmed, and I'd say it's because it is very very similar to a nail polish I already own, L'Oreal nail polish in Water's Edge (review here).

Pretty similar, eh?
 
 Can you tell between the two?
 
Thankfully there is a difference in colour, Water's Edge shows up darker and a tad more green, while For Audrey is brighter.
So I'm slightly cut up about how very similar the two polishes are, but I prefer China Glaze, because it dries much faster, the formula isn't so watery, is smoother, and the brush is easier to work with. I might give away the L'Oreal one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment