Wednesday, April 27, 2011

OPI Katy Perry Minis - Review 1/4

Ok so I've decided that I will do individual reviews for each of the polishes included in the OPI Katy Perry Collection. 


So as I mentioned in my haul,
I picked these up from Duty Free at Sydney International Airport for AU$20. When I first spotted the full-sized versions, I practically wanted all of them! So I got these instead so I could try them all out without spending a fortune, and then potentially ending up feeling a bit disappointed with them.
So let's kick off Part One with: The One That Got Away. 
 
This is a rich berry colour with a bit of sparkle. Probably easier to tell in the light....



...And there you go! The formula looks smooth, not particularly thick. The sparkles are only really noticable in decent lighting.

 This is one coat of the formula. Not bad, considering that there isn't an obvious nail line.

I quite like the colour. Very buildable, the more coats, the darker it becomes.
And now a few pictures with Black Shatter over the top.




I'm not sure if I prefer this colour with or without Black Shatter. However it does give it a vampy and edgy look.
All and all, The One That Got Away is a nice colour, but I really don't think that it's anything that special. It is a nice formula that goes on well and is easy to apply, but I don't think I will be purchasing the full size of this.
Part Two of this review will be Teenage Dream, which is the one that I am personally looking forward to the most out of the minis! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment