Thursday, March 10, 2011

OPI Black Shatter - Review

Sorry for the delay! I've been super lazy and have been putting off writing another review (silly, I know). But without further delay.....My thoughts and opinion of OPI's Black Shatter!

Sorry about the photo quality, a bit tricky to take a photo of black polish.
Inside the label reads: Apply one coat of Black Shatter over any completely dry Katy shade for an irresistible "shattered" look. 
Any Katy shade, eh? I don't own any of the OPI polishes from the Katy Perry collection, but let's give it a go with a nice berry polish.


So I applied a coat of Australis Sparkling in Berry Dazzle. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it's a glistening polish full of thin glitter. I'm sure it's Katy enough to do the job :D

Now apply a coat of Black Shatter....

...Oooh! Very cool. Almost instantly after applying, Black Shatter shrinks over the base colour and gives that cracked or shattered effect, and each nail looks unique! It also dries matte, so I recommend a top coat to add shine and protect it from chipping.

Mmm I can't wait to test this out with other colours, particularly my OPI Simmer and Shimmer (sparkly blue polish from the Burlesque collection) that I picked up last week.
After I took those pics, I cleaned off the excess polish on my cuticles and fingers...Was such a pain, that Australis polish pretty much stained my fingers with glitter and berry colour! Curses. Won't I have fun reviewing that one?

I don't really have anything bad to say about Black Shatter, it's a super fun polish that I will enjoy experimenting with over different colours. However you must ensure that you wait for your base colour to fully dry before applying, otherwise it can mess up the shatter effect.

Til next time..


0 comments:

Post a Comment