Friday, March 18, 2011

BYS Colour Change Nail Enamel - Review

Check out what I got my hands on....

I picked this up from my local cheapo cosmetics store, and it sounds super exciting!

The box says:
  • Change your look without having to change your nail polish!
  • BYS Colour Change Nail Enamel changes with your temperature, so if you're a cool cat one minute and hot under the collar the next, BYS Colour Change Nail Enamel will keep you fun and fashionable whatever your mood! (LOL a cool cat, eh?)



Shade N285 Glitter Purple with flash


Shade N285 Glitter Purple without flash

The sticker stuck on the lid gives you an indication of how much in colour this polish can change depending on temperature. So obviously if it's purple in the the packaging, it must go pink with warmth. So let's see how it turned out. I applied two coats of polish.







So as you can see, the tips of my nails are purple, while the rest is pink! The two-toned effect is kinda cool, but it also looks a bit like I have ink stuck under my nails! In that situation, this would work way better with shorter nails.
I did test to see if it does change colour with the temperature, and my nails did go purple when I stuck them in the freezer (that sounds so wrong, like I cut off my hands and shoved them in the freezer!). But very quickly, my nails went back to purple..and then pink...and then purple again!
The glitter doesn't really sparkle, but is very noticable in sunlight, very pretty!
It's a bit of a shame, since I really liked the purple colour, and didn't think about the fact it would just turn pink from the warmth of my hands.
Regardless, I think I would still repurchase this, but in a different colour, where it changes to a slightly lighter shade of colour. EDIT: After wearing this polish for a few days, I have had less issues with that bizarre two-toned effect, noticing that my nails are usually pink or purple, but I've also grown to like the two-toned effect! 

 Pretty Pink Nails

Overall, I really like this nail polish. I love when it's purple, I love when it's pink. I'm now also liking when it's both! The glitter looks gorgeous and shines under sunlight. I was going to buy DS Reserve from OPI, but was put off by the price tag. I'm happy with this polish, obviously it isn't as sparkly, but it changes colour!!
I have a feeling this would look cool under Black Shatter....


3 comments:

  1. I bought 4 of these last weekend but haven't tried any out yet. This looks good though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this when I was in Perth and super tempted to buy it, but I didn't...totally regretting it! WANT! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just picked one up at my local drugstore, the promise of colour-changing really caught my eye! The shade of pink looks gorgeous. I'm excited to try mine out after reading your review :)

    http://puddingfancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete