Thursday, February 10, 2011

Revlon Nail Enamel - Review

Time for a non-lip product....Nail polish!
So today I'm reviewing my first Revlon polish, Nail Enamel in shade Power Walk Pink.

 
I picked this up from a cheap makeup store (sells clearance makeup) for $5 (or about US$3). This was a part of the Breast Cancer Awareness line. The bright melony flourescent pink colour really caught my eye, and I have been keen for a while to try out a Revlon nail polish.

Ok so here we go....


Pros:
  • Easy to apply
  • Dries very fast
  • Formaldehyde and toluene-free
  • Love the colour!

Cons:
  • Chips like crazy! I've never used a polish that chips so quickly. It chipped on me in under a day, so using a top coat and base coat with this is an absolute must. 

The Verdict

Overall, this is a beautiful polish, and Revlon has a great range of shades to choose from. If you can pick them up cheaper than retail, I recommend that you give them a try. These dry quicker than OPI. But this polish takes a bit of prep, as I find it chips far far easier than OPI polishes. 
Use that top and base coat!
 

Hope you found this helpful :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, I really like that colour! I've got so many coral coloured naipolishes from Revlon...but I'm looking for one that's not so orange toned...I may have to look into the OPI range though, because they've got more colours than Revlon does...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally should! OPI is pretty decent, I'd buy more if they were a little cheaper. Perhaps I should start importing them! :)

    ReplyDelete